The Tripartite Committee (TriCom) on Work-Life Strategy seeks to promote flexible work arrangements (FWAs) as a progressive employment practice in Singapore. To achieve this, the TriCom has formulated this advisory to help employers, supervisors and employees navigate the journey to implement FWAs sustainably in Singapore.
- Outlines steps for employers to consider when implementing flexible work arrangements
- Provides pointers to consider when (i) requesting FWAs, and (ii) using FWAs
- Provides pointers to consider when (i) evaluating FWA requests, and (ii) managing employees using FWAs
When requesting FWAs…
- Assess your suitability for FWAs
- Consider your impact on employers, supervisors and co-workers
- Pro-actively engage supervisors in open discussions on your FWA needs
When using FWAs…
- Use FWAs responsibly
- Adjust your work arrangements to meet work exigencies
- Be mindful of business confidentiality and work safety policies when working remotely
When considering FWA requests…
- Be familiar with organisation's policies and procedures on FWAs
- Consider requests objectively and respond promptly
- Clearly communicate expectations upfront
- If unsure, consider starting off with a trial
When managing employees on FWAs…
- Manage and appraise fairly based on work outcomes instead of 'face-time'
- Regularly check-in with employees on FWAs on their work and performance matters
to download the "Tripartite Advisory on Flexible Work Arrangements".